5 Players Not Named Tua Or Trevor Who Could Win The Heisman Trophy in 2019
By: Tony Thomas
August 17, 2019
We are a week away from the start of the 2019 college football season, and the favorites to win the Heisman Trophy are Trevor Lawrence of Clemson and Tua Tagolaivoa of Alabama. But here are 5 other players who could win the most prestigious award in college football:
- Jr. Johnathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin: ran for 2194 yards and 16 TD’s in 2018. He has 4171 career rushing yards for the Badgers. Finished 9th in 2018 Heisman voting.
- Jr. Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson: rushed for 1658 yards and 24 TD’s last year. Finished 7th in Heisman voting in 2018.
- So. Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue: accounted for 1471 yards from scrimmage and 14 TD’s in 2018.
- Sr. Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon: returned for his senior season after passing for 3151 yards and 29 TD’s and 8 INT’s in 2018. He will be protected by a veteran offensive line that returns all 5 starters.
- Jr. Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas: a long shot on a team that loses 3 starters on the offensive line, passed for 3292 yards and 25 TD’s and 5 INT’s in 2018, and led the Longhorns to a victory over Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.
Thanks for reading.
Material for this article sourced from: http://sports-reference.com